Monday, March 8, 2010

Here, everything is better.

I was in the Oak Park H.E.B. supermarket at lunch-time today. As a young mother approached the check-out behind me, her pre-school child pivoted WAY too quickly and ran face-first into the shopping cart. A bloody lip and much loud emoting resulted. A red-shirted Rachel with an H.E.B. badge quickly stepped up to help. She got the mother a fresh tissue to hold against the split lip and efficiently unloaded the full cart onto the check out belt freeing the mother to comfort her son. In a moment, Dora-Lee, also with H.E.B. badge appeared with brightly colored balloons for the young man. All without missing a beat during the store's normal excellent service. I later learned that Rachel was off-duty, waiting in line with her own shopping. I love H.E.B., and the more I shop other places, the better H.E.B. and the folks who work there seem.

No comments: