Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Aaarrrgh!

Worse than not EZ, technology, I thought my friend, has let me down! No, worse, it has double crossed me -- all these creepy half-sentient entities ganging up!

I posted earlier about how my Garmin misled me and tried to get me lost in middle-America. Upon return home from the driving trip I have found:

My garage door remote has quit. Just quit.

We have three battery-operated clocks in the house. They were all dead when we got home.

My Facebook account has been "compromised" so was deactivated. Wish me luck in getting it back.

X-Marks decided to (first) delete all my bookmarks and dutifully synchronize the loss across all my PCs, then (second) decided to duplicate all of my re-entered bookmarks and dutifully synchronize that across all my PCs.

Tonight I tried to order a Pizza online. First, AT&T's DSL line gave me no service. An hour later, back online, neither Domino's nor Pizza Hut's web sites could find a store near my address. I have accounts with both companies and have ordered (successfully) pizzas from their web sites many times in the past. Domino's is 1 mile from my home. Pizza Hut is four blocks.

In my attempt to post this blog entry, I find that the Blogspot will not allow me to enter any labels (tags) for this post except ones that I have used in the past. So don't blame me if the tags make no sense.

Aaarrrgh!! What is going on? Why can't anything be EZ?

No comments: