Monday, January 12, 2015

I am. And that's not even EZ!

Note the power in the phrase, “I am.” As in Je suis Charlie.

A friend who is a practitioner of Wicca tells me that, in her opinion, all incantations and spells should begin with the phrase, “I am,” as the intent is to work change on and within the spell-caster and not others.

The Bible tells us that Christ was the great “I am.” John 8:24 (KJV)

Over the past week, I’ve been watching the Netflix series Cosmos narrated by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. In the most recent episode I viewed, he stated that a great differentiating factor between human intelligence and that of other life forms is our advanced capability to recognize patterns and connect those patterns to other (possibly) related patterns or events.

Je suis Charlie.

Jesus. I am.

I don’t know the linguistic connection between the modern French Je suis and the American English name for the Biblical Son of God, Jesus, but it does appear that there is a pattern there!

No comments: